Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy New year!

haha I know this is a super belated post as it's already 23 days post new year. I was reading my blog entry 2009 new year's and thought to myself, what did I do on new year ah and nearly couldn't recall. so before I forget, i better write it in this blog.


it was just like any other days I guess. New year's eve was on Friday, there was no cell group and we did not prepare a proper meal. We went to L&V house for thanksgiving and watched London fireworks on the telly. On New year day, we were rudely awakened by Steph who was annoyed because she missed her bus to London as her iphone alarm clock did not ring (others around the world were also affected lol). what a way to start new year!!

That evening, we went to L&V's house again for a steamboat and celebrated two church members' birthday! there was a game of mafia (in which everyone falls asleep and a killer wakes up and kill people).

Just a recap of 2010, it started off quite badly with lots of downs but thank God that looking back, I have not become weaker but stronger from all the struggles. Friendships were strengthened and spiritually I was more stable than the previous years. However, 2010 saw the leaving of many friends in Leeds and the breakdown of many relationships.

Last year, my specific goals were
1. serve in church
2. master the guitar
3. read 12 books

and I achieved no1 as i started playing keyboard for sunday worship in april last year and am now more involved in cell. Still got lots to improve on though because the confidence and the trust I have in God are still lacking. speaking of guitar, ironically, I told myself 2 years before that I would never play guitar but ended up liking it more than keyboard. I haven't yet mastered the guitar lol but thanks to my sifu, grahammchoo.blogspot.com and Esther who started the weekly guitar lesson in April (which unfortunately have to be discontinued because the sifu left :( ) ,I have started playing guitar for cell also! :D :D all glory to God

din manage to achieve no 3. don't think I even managed to read 5 books last year.

This year, my goals will be:
1. to learn to play by ear
2. to learn to sing!!
3. to maintain current weight (meaning no more losing weight :D)
4. read 6 books in a year (decided not to be too ambitious)
5. save a certain amount of money

Spiritually, I have made a few 'one-year deals' with God and pray that I will keep to the promise :D it will be a year when I learn to have full dependence and submission on God. good night!!

No comments: