Sunday, April 04, 2010

To let go...

I believe everyone is struggling with some issues in their life. Past mistakes take hold of them and stop them from moving forward; the hurts and pain from broken relationships; the need to control other people either consciously or unconsciously because we care for them; perhaps it's some fears that you have - fear of failing, fear of letting God down, fear of losing control, fear of not meeting expectations.

In the bible God says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." (Phillipians 4:6-7).

and in 1Peter 5:7, it's written, "Cast all your anxieties on Him for He cares for you".

Are you struggling with something right now? If you are, learn to let go and entrust God to help you with that.

The following excerpt is taken from the overcoming fears series by UCB which I find meaningful :

To let go...

doesn't mean you stop caring, it just means you can't do it for them
is not to cut them off, but to realise you can't control them
is not to enable, but to allow them to learn from their consequences
is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome is not in your hands and it never was!
is not to try to change or blame somebody else but to make the most of yourself
is not just to care for but to care about
is not to fix but to be supportive
is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes but to allow others to affect their own destinies
is not to be protective but to permit them to face reality
is not to deny but to accept
is not to nag, scold or argue but to search out your own shortcomings and work on them
is not to adjust everything to your desires but to take each day as it comes and cherist yourself in it
is not to criticise or regulate others but to try to become what you dream you can be
is not to regret the past but to grow and to live in the present

is to fear less...trust God...and love more!

Dear God, there are many fears within me, so many past mistakes that I blame myself for and so much things I want to take control of but I realise that I can't. You understand the struggles that I have in letting go. Lord today I ask that You help me with that. Help me focus on the negative things in my life that hold me back and teach me to turn them to positives. Help me be confident and see myself as how you see me - your child of God, specially and wonderfully made. Amen.

No comments: