Tuesday, May 02, 2006

went to DUMC after like 4 months(?). Before that I was attending a chinese church in Sri Petaling.

Pastor Daniel was preaching about the mission work. He quoted a bible verse:

'The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few'. (Matt 9:37)

Oh yes, how true it is to know that there are many people out there who hunger for God but no one has ever reached out to them.

Therefore we must 'ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.'(Luke 10:2)

I feel sad while reading through one of my friends' blog. She and her family got involved in an accident while holidaying in Australia. Her sister, unfortunately didn't survive. What made me sad is that her sister wasn't a christian.

We ourselves should grab every opportunity to deliver God's message to the unbelievers out there...but...How many times have we ignored that inner voice telling us to preach the gospel? How many times have we told God 'no time' in serving Him? How many times have we dethroned God by not putting Him as the centre of the world?

For me, it's countless times.

I tried telling the gospel to my one of my friends( in Chung Hua) before but never succeeded. Sigh. She is quite against christianity, saying that she will never be converted to becoming a christian. Pray that God will touch her heart and open her mind to accept Him someday. I'm still hoping for that day to happen.

No comments: