Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Encounter weekend 2008

Encounter weekend 2008 (22nd Feb - 24th Feb)


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matt 11:28-30)

Putting a stone on either one (or both) of the sheets with the writing 'forgiveness' and 'healing' means letting go things which have been holding us back from God.


The Lord has been to times even worse than us. When we feel rejected, think of the times when He was rejected by people who He had healed, His 12 disciples, the soldiers, the chief priests and the teachers of law...He understands what we are going through and He has been through rejections worst than ours.

When we feel unforgiving towards people, think about Jesus who, towards the end of His life, still said the well-known verse - "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing" (Luke 23:34). He has every reason to be unforgiving towards people but chose not to. Instead He died on the cross for our sins.

In each encounter weekend I learned different things. I realised that spiritual-wise I have grown quite a lot since last time. But still I'm no where near an authentic Christian. Somehow I still have grudges with people I don't know why. Perhaps it's their attitude which I dislike but I have to learn to accept them no matter what they are coz we are brothers and sisters in Christ!

God has touched me in certain areas of my life in each encounter. I thank God and praise God for that.

Thank You Lord for making known certain areas of my life which need Your touch and Your power as I know I can't overcome them on my own. I pray that O Lord You will continue to do Your work in my life and help me to become a Christian who do not try to do big things to earn Your favour but to experience the fullness of the spirit even in doing the simplest things. Thank You Lord. Amen.

No comments: