Friday, October 30, 2009

childhood books


...





...






In Malaysia, this whole set would cost tons but I got it very cheap here!


I've finally laid my hands on this whole set of Roald Dahl's books!! I've decided to treat myself becoz my birthday was coming and to reward myself for working so hard over the past few years. Ever since I read 'Matilda', I have always wanted to read his other books. The collaboration between RD and Quentin Blake who did the illustration in the books made reading the books so enjoyable and fun. Even my brother Jon who hates reading books read every single RD books we had on the shelf at home.

Although I have grown out from these books, I still enjoy collecting childhood books just like how some people enjoy collecting stamps, board games or DVD. Somehow it rekindles the memory of how I loved reading them when the internet and computers were non-existent during those days.


During my high school days, my English teacher would always tell us, 'read more books, read more books!!' until I could hear her screaming in my head every night before I sleep. But it just simply echoes the importance of reading to improve our English and I find it really sad when parents willingly paid at least RM60 for their children's English tuition. The money can easily be used to buy story books/magazines which would help children develop good reading habit and improve their English.


3 comments:

mousie said...

haha... so cutie the little yellow face on your blog... where you get it from? haha

Janice ♥ said...

haha. cute rightttt?? got it from photoscape :)

William said...

Ya, read more books. I went to the longhouse over the weekend and I saw only one teen girl reading non stop!