Thursday, October 22, 2009

yay!



Last week I received an email from the university:

"Dear Janice

Congratulation you are to be awarded a joint prize at the SSC Prizegiving event on 22nd October at 5pm. Please can I ask you to keep this confidential for now. Can I also ask that you arrive promptly and make yourself known to Dr xx, the Year 3 SSC Coordinator.

Kind regards and well done,
Josie"

It was my SSC 3.3 group project which won the prize. I was looking back at my old blog entries and I realised I never mention anything about it which I thought I would have. It was an audit on abbreviations used within the Leeds Hospital Trusts and there were 6 students in one group. Throughout the 5 weeks when we were doing the SSC, we spent half of our time in the musty, dingy, dusty old medical records department in St James; and LGI, looking through medical notes and fishing out abbreviations used by doctors. The other half of the time was spent sitting in front of the computer, synchronizing and analysing the data. It was hard work.




But our hard work has been paid off :). Thank God for that especially the opportunity He has given me to work with such a marvelous team and also for blessing us with the consultant who gave us guidance and help as much as he can.

3 comments:

William said...

Congratulation and well done!

mousie said...

So how are you going to spend your prize money.... =P gonna share it with us? bleh bleh

Janice ♥ said...

haha. 10 pounds only ohhh. I duno what can I buy with it