Monday, December 29, 2008

new lens!!

I have finally got a new replacement for my broken camera lens! Fortunately I was busy during term time so I didn't have time to buy a new one. Last night I happened to chat with my dad on msn and he told me to check the price of the new lenses. It just happened that Jessops was having a massive online sale and the price for one of the lenses was reduced from 244 pounds to 127 pounds! A very good deal indeed! But it doesn't come with VC which I think doesn't make much difference to me since I have a tripod and a speedlight.

Since guys like to introduce their new gadgets as their 'wife', I shall call new gadget my husband. Say hello to my new husband:

Tamron AF28-300 F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Nikon AFD


it came with the flower hood


and I tested it out on Esther:




PS: daddy, what do you think about buying the 3 year warranty from Jessops which costs 30pounds? Should I go for it?

2 comments:

FM Luder said...

Good luck with the new lens. I expect lots of lovely photos of the Yorkshire Dales by end of tomorrow! Many thanks =)

mwahaha

William said...

Wah... it seems that the lens is not bad at all. I understand this is the shortest lens for such a zoom and it has won prizes also. I think the 30 GBP for 3 years warranty is worth it. It has a longer zoom than the old one. When you come back, make sure that you remember to bring home for repair.
Your test shot is very good.